Cultural Awareness in Youth Sport
Time & Location
About the event
Sport offers many opportunities to meet people and learn about various cultures. This course on Cultural Awareness in Youth Sport examines the basic concept of culture and provides sport leaders with practical ways to model cultural awareness to youth players.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concept of culture and recognize the ways that culture shapes our values, beliefs, and actions
- Understand the role of religion and culture on our beliefs and actions
- Describe strategies that can be used to improve communication with ethno-cultural communities
- Define and understand application of terms: racism, stereotypes, prejudice, discrimination, and systemic racism/discrimination
- Identify various ways of involving youth athletes in developing cultural awareness
When you have completed the entire course and passed each learning assessment, you will be able to download/print a Certificate of Completion and for coaches maintaining their certification, obtain NCCP professional development points towards it. The course will take about an hour to complete.
School District 57 staff apply code